Title: Kensington Temple, Notting Hill, Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, London, England.
The present church building was founded as Horbury Chapel, and used by the Hornton Street Congregational church, Notting Hill, in 1849. The building was used from 1935 by the Bible-Pattern Church Fellowship (an Elim Pentecostal Church offshoot founded by George Jeffreys), and also known as the Church of the Foursquare Gospel (not to be confused with the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel), when it became known as Kensington Temple.
The use of the building reverted to the Elim Church in the early 1960s, and the church as it is known today was founded in 1965 by the Elim minister Rev. Eldin Corsie. Under his ministry in the late 1960s–1970s the congregation grew to 600, and then to several thousand under Rev. Wynne Lewis (later to become the Elim Church's General Superintendent) during the 1980s.
Since the 1980s, nicknamed by members of the church as 'KT', Kensington Temple has planted 150 churches across London. Today, It has around 50 churches in its Kensington Temple London City Church (KTLCC) network. Over the years, many churches KT has planted have opted to become independent churches or to have an official status as a self-standing Elim church.
In 2000, Kensington Temple began to transition into a cell church, and today it has hundreds of cell groups meeting weekly across London. The same year, KT moved its offices from Tabernacle, an ex-BBC warehouse in North Acton, to Monarch House in North Acton. In 2005 the church moved its offices to Summit House, Hanger Lane, London.